Friday, August 19, 2016

Busy First Week of School

   This week has flown by.  I can't even believe we are about to finish up the first week of school.  We have had so much fun already.  We have done lots of community building activities, laughed a lot, taken some pre-assessments and had a bunch of fun doing it.

 
   I hope everyone saw my test email I sent out.  Be sure and let me know if you didn't get it.  This week you will notice your child bringing home a Weekend Journal.  This is a really cool keepsake, once complete.  Every other Friday, we will brainstorm activities and lessons we've learned throughout the week.  Students will then take time and write to someone in your family about their week.  I've done this for the last couple years and I am always impressed with the sweet notes written between family members.  This is also an extremely applicable way to teach letter writing skills. Please have those notebooks turned back in by Wednesday.

   I didn't mention before, but students are ALWAYS welcome to bring a snack from home.  We noticed they get pretty hungry before lunch.  Water bottles are also welcome.  Starting next week, please be watching for your child to being home a reading log each night.  They should be reading 25 minutes Monday-Thursday nightly.  There will be no Friday Folders this week.  We will start weekly updates and Friday folders next week.

Happy Birthday this month to Mae and Matthew.  
Mae turn 10 on the 21st and Matthew turns 9 on the 24th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment