Thursday, March 2, 2017

Math- Teaching Each Other and Fractions with Hershey Bars

This fraction, decimals and percents unit has been a blast.  Kids have those"aha" moments everyday.  That is the reason I love teaching.  Something cool about this group is that often, they explain exactly what I am trying to say differently to their peers.  I encourage this daily.  Their "teaching" shows an excellent depth of understanding.  I just so happened to catch a few this week...
Literally having an "aha" moment!  :)
Each time we talk about fractions, our conversations automatically go to food.  I decided to introduce equivalent fractions using Hershey Bars. When kids came back from media yesterday, they each had this surprise waiting for them.  
It was so fun and a tasty treat for them! 
On a side note, I want to tell you how polite your kids were.  After I met with each group yesterday, They thanked me so much for getting them this.  Lots of hugs!!  That makes it all worth it!  
We also learned a few things too!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment